Monday, May 3, 2010

NERDING OUT RIGHT NOW



I finally have just bought myself a copy of Taiyo Matsumoto's No.5 volume 1, which I've had a hell of a time finding for under $50 up until now since its out of print or something. it especially tears me up because I remember seeing it at my local comic store when I was 12 and even then I thought the art looked dope enough that I still remember seeing it. I briefly flipped through it and considered buying it but then went and bought an issue of like gundam wing or a pack of magic cards or whatever the hell i was into at that time. Matsumoto is by far one of my favorite artists and a huge influence on me. he effortlessly combines all the good elements of anime with a European comic sensibility. His faces are what I'm most impressed with. they're so simplistic and cartoonish but at the same time read as really realistic expressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment