Wednesday, February 3, 2010

zodiac illustrations for school

This week in Dan Krall's class I had to do a bunch of illustrations of the zodiac for a fictional magazine. my "theme" was drawing the zodiac symbols in a way that related to a celebrity of that sign:



TAURUS: Uma Thurman (from kill bill vol.I)
this drawing was by far my favorite drawing. something about that bull crammed into a skintight tracksuit.



GEMINI: Prince (older superbowl performance prince)
this drawing is definitely a close second for my favorite drawing. the actual drawing of it was pretty frustrating though. I still don't feel like I totally captured Prince's face here. that's partly why I tossed that awful drawing of a crying dove in the background, but mostly because I was scared that the drawing wasn't as "cartoony" as the others and it might stick out.


SCORPIO: Rodney Dangerfield (no specific role, just doing that face he always does)



PISCES: Kurt Russel (as snake plissken)



CAPRICORN: Anthony Hopkins (as Hannibal)



CANCER: Tom Cruise (from risky business)
cancer was the one I was the least happy with. I guess it just is harder than I thought to pick out physical features that would make a crab recognizable as Tom Cruise.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Everybody,

    Below are the most recommended Bitcoin exchange services (BUY/SELL):
    Coinbase: $1 min. exchange
    CoinMama

    Get free bitcoins with the best Bitcoin faucet rotator:
    IACBit.org Faucet Rotator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog.Thanks for sharing wonderful information that will help us in our day to day life.
    Best astrologer in Chennai
    Best astrologer in Mumbai
    Best astrologer in Delhi


    ReplyDelete